Top Ten Women In Tech
Women in tech are no longer considered taboo; in this new-aged world, women are running it! It’s a nice change in a pace for a mostly male-dominated realm to see strong-minded, intelligent women take over start-up companies and build world-chaning technologies. Not only are these women an inspiration for other women and girls, but the representation of these woman-owned businesses is very important for all communities. We are starting to see a change in branding, marketing, and sales thanks to women taking over and creating a fair, honest, and authentic representation of our buying world.
Here are our top Ten Picks for Women-Owned Businesses in Tech:
- Anita Borg Institute – Anita Borg Institute seeks to increase the impact of women on all aspects of technology, and increase the positive impact of technology on the world’s women.
- Black Girls Code – Black Girls Code provides young and pre-teen girls of color opportunities to learn in-demand skills in technology and computer programming at a time when they are naturally thinking about what they want to be when they grow up.
- DC Web Women – DC Web Women promotes women in Web-related careers. DCWW is one of the premier technology organizations located in the Washington metropolitan area. In addition to their many tech seminars, panels, and networking events, DCWW also provides career development classes and workshops.
- Girls In Tech – ‘Girls in Tech’ (GIT) is a global organization focused on the engagement, education and empowerment of influential women in technology. As women with the capacity to inspire and lead, it’s GIT’s desire to sustain an organization that focuses on the promotion, growth and success of entrepreneurial and innovative women in the technology space.
- Girls Who Code – Girls Who Code works to educate, inspire, and equip young women with the skills and resources to pursue academic and career opportunities in computing fields. Girls Who Code’s vision is to reach gender parity in computing fields. GWC believe this is paramount to ensure the economic prosperity of women, families, and communities across the globe, and to equip citizens with the 21st century tools for innovation and social change. They believe that more girls exposed to computer science at a young age will lead to more women working in the technology and engineering fields.
- Girl Develop It – Girl Develop It is an international organization, certified by the Board of Education, that exists to provide affordable and accessible programs to women who want to learn software development through mentorship and hands-on instruction. By teaching women around the world from diverse backgrounds to learn software development, Girl Develop It can help women improve their careers and confidence in their everyday lives.
- National Center for Women & Information Technology – NCWIT works to correct the imbalance of gender diversity in technology and computing because gender diversity positively correlates with a larger workforce, better innovation, and increased business performance. Increasing the number of women in technology and computing also has the potential to improve the design of products and services to better serve a more diverse population, and increase economic and social well-being by providing more women with stable and lucrative careers.
- Women In Technology International – WITI’s mission is to empower women worldwide to achieve unimagined possibilities and transformations through technology, leadership and economic prosperity.
- Women Who Tech – Women Who Tech is a telesummit that brings together talented and renowned women breaking new ground in technology who use their tech savvy skills to transform the world and inspire change. Women Who Tech provides a supportive network for the vibrant and thriving community of women in technology professions by giving women an open platform to share their talents, experiences, and insights.
- Women 2.0 – Women 2.0 is a media company at the intersection of women, entrepreneurship and technology. Women 2.0 offers content, community and conferences for aspiring and current innovators in technology. Women 2.0 is not your typical media company, they’re constantly driven by the needs of the incredible community. Women 2.0’s mission is to increase the number of female founders of technology startups with inspiration, information and mentorship. All our programs are open to men and women.